Friday, September 5, 2008

A Stylish, Protected Chef

I LOVE aprons. I'm not quite sure when my fascination started, but I remember the moment that I bought the first apron that I almost didn't want to wear for fear of staining it....
I'd had aprons before. Only one at a time and only your typical plain, boring, shapeless apron designed to shield you from the food splatters that happen in everyday cooking.
But I'm happy to say that my apron collection is wonderfully diverse at this time. Thank God for darted seams! ;)
Thanks to our recent trip to Midland, I am now 4 cocktail aprons richer. True vintage aprons that were actually worn by W's grandmother, too!
I was so excited to find them that I just had to share about it here:

This one looks particularly cute over my expanding basketball of a belly.
I hope it will be so cute once the baby gets here and the silhouette is a bit different.

 


This one had a big stain that I was able to *almost* remove:

 


This one should be perfect for Christmas (less than 4 months away!), but I'm not quite sure how to care for the almost transparent fabric:

 


This is one of the most unique designs I've seen!

 


Posted by Picasa

No comments: